Whitecross NS Book Rental
The Parents Association in partnership with the school run a Book Lending Scheme every year for all classes. All books, workbooks and copies required are provided. Reusable books are collected each year and are passed on. All other books and copies are purchased new for each child.
The main benefits of the scheme are:
- The overall cost of school books is greatly reduced.
- The hassle involved in obtaining the correct books and copies is removed.
- Each child will have all their books, copies and notebooks before the school finishes in June each year and will be ready for the following September.
The cost per child is as follows:
- €110 per child in Junior & Senior Infants. This includes the cost of an art & craft contribution. All other items required are provided with the exception of a school bag and lunch box.
- €110 per child from First Class to Sixth Class. This includes an art & craft contribution.
There is no obligation on Parents to sign up for this scheme. The Book Lending Scheme has supplied books for 99% of all children attending the school each year the scheme has been in operation.
Parents of children who transfer to Whitecross N.S. during the school year and wish to avail of the Book Lending Scheme are asked to speak with the school secretary who will make the necessary arrangements.